We’re looking for the Most Popular RSS Apps
Submit the apps that you created using the new Ovi app wizard and you could win a new Nokia device and up to $5,000 (USD).
What is Ovi app wizard?
If you're a publisher with RSS-enabled content, you can use the new Ovi app wizard to create an application for use on Nokia mobile devices in a matter of minutes. It’s the fastest and easiest way to create an app for distribution in Nokia’s Ovi Store.
In fact, publishers from 94 countries have already used the new online tool to create locally relevant apps which deliver a valuable service to consumers. We've already seen creative examples of how the Ovi app wizard is being used for things like comparing gasoline prices by location, bringing together communities of interest, and providing timely traveler alerts like the Ash Cloud app.
Submit your new app to Calling All Innovators
Once your new app is published on Ovi Store, submit it to Calling All Innovators and be eligible to win one of 10 special prizes for the Most Popular RSS Apps created using the Ovi app wizard.
The Top 10 submissions for Most Popular RSS Apps will win a Nokia E72 and the Nokia N97 mini. The No. 1 submission will also win a cash prize of $5,000 (USD), and Spotlight placement in Ovi Store.
To be considered for this prize, select one of the four contest categories (Eco/Being Green; Entertainment; Productivity; and Life Improvement), and submit the app you created using the Ovi app wizard.
All submissions for the Most Popular RSS Apps must be in by 10 June 2010. After that, who will win is up to you!
The Top 10 submissions will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Innovative use of Ovi app wizard tool.
- The marketing plans and tactics that you submit to us, demonstrating how you plan to promote your application in Ovi Store. We want to see your creativity - think of all of the online resources available to you (your website or blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Total downloads of your app from Ovi Store by 15 July 2010.
After the Top 10 are announced this summer, the creators of the Top 10 will compete to see which app will be ranked No. 1.
The Top 10 will have until 30 August 2010 to promote additional downloads for their app. It will be up to you to promote your app in Ovi Store and drive downloads. If you need help with that, you can use the free Ovi marketing tools to create professional-looking online banners for your new app.
At the end of August, we will tally downloads again, and the app with the most out of the Top 10 will be crowned the Most Popular RSS App.
The winner will be announced in September, at the Awards Ceremony for Calling All Innovators during the Nokia Developer Summit.
Here’s what you should do:
- Create an RSS app using the new Ovi app wizard.
- Publish your new app to Nokia's Ovi Store.
- Come back to this site to submit your RSS app to the Calling All Innovators contest by providing the URL for your app in Ovi Store during the submission process. Remember: Your entry should fit in one of the four contest categories (Eco/Being Green; Entertainment; Productivity; and Life Improvement).
Note: Nokia developed the Ovi app wizard tool in collaboration with UK-based Mippin, who was a winner in the 2009 Calling All Innovators contest for the Internet Innovation category.